I can't apologize for my lack of posts ... life is what it is!! We are busy and Lawyer travels ... currently he is on a 21 day stretch of straight travel with plans for a day or two here each week. Sigh! I can, however, find many things to be thankful for each and every day. I try to find the positive in every situation, the silver lining to every black cloud. And if that doesn't work ... a few tears followed by a million laughs always works!!!
1. I am incredibly thankful for my heavenly Father. I am blessed to be able to worship a God who laid down his life for me knowing what a busted can of biscuits I would be.
2. I am thankful that grace starts anew each day just like the rising of the sun. When I first became a Christian the women's minister told me that God's love for me was as unending as laundry. No matter how much you finish and put away, it is always there. I have never forgotten her words!
3. I am thankful that I have a husband who works hard so that I may stay home and raise our children.
4. I am thankful for three amazing kids. They drive me crazy each and every day with their "free speech" and their crazy antics, but they are smart, creative, hilarious, independent and growing up to be amazing people. I am incredibly proud of them!
5. I am thankful for coffee each morning. The sound of the coffee making brewing might be the best sound I hear in the day.
6. I am thankful for the precious sitter that comes to help me three afternoons a week. Her texts that she is "on my way" are reason 5012 why I adore her.
7. I am thankful for amazing friends. I have a set of besties that I wouldn't trade for anything. They lift me up when I am weary, they point out how old I am when my first born turns 16 and they bring an enormous laughter my way ... even if they are only laughing at me.
8. I am thankful for my crock pot. She and I are becoming close friends and the smells in the house are worth it every single time. I am not a fan of cooking and feeling like I can provide my family with a home cooked meal makes me feel like a better person! Got any good recipes ... bring em! Currently on deck for the crock pot I have Cranberry Chicken, Fajitas and Italian Beef. (I love recipes where I can cook red meat and don't have to touch it!!)
9. I am thankful for group texts. Eight friends and I participate regularly in banter that has on more than one occasion had me laughing so hard I was crying and fell out of the desk chair while googling the topic of discussion!
10. I am thankful for comfy pj pants. I put them on each night about 6 and remain in them until I get dressed the next day. And yes, that is after carpool, bus, etc. There is nothing wrong with a t shirt, bra and pj pants in carpool or outside my house at the bus stop.
11. I am thankful for music and the effect it has on my soul. I can blast some tunes and sing at the top of my lungs and feel incredibly different in about five minutes. I have my favorites that I go to regularly and at this point all of my family knows each and every word.
12. I am thankful for clickable Sharpies and a crossed off to do list. My mother says I am easy to please and she is correct. A hot cup of coffee, kids not fighting, warm pj pants and a crossed off to do list ... one Great Day!
13. I am thankful for my 91 year old Nana and her handwritten letters. They arrive quite frequently and I have each and every one she ever sent me. Love, Nana might be my favorite part!
14. I am thankful for little notes of love I found all around the house from my baby girl. They make up for all of the "worst mother ever" comments I hear at least once a day. Thank goodness I wasn't hoping for the Most Liked Mother award.
15. I am thankful for family who doesn't ask questions when they come in and the whole house looks different then when they left 7 hours earlier. They just look at their friends and say things like "my mother likes to move things, just go with it".
I am thankful for more things than I could ever write down ... these are just a few!
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (The Message)
Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.