I am avid watcher of Southern Charm on Bravo. I mean the friends and their drama is just deliciously sinful. I love Charleston so and anything shot in the city has me signing up for multiple seasons.
To be completely honest I must tell you I watch Southern Charm simply for glimpses of Patricia Altschul and her incredible style. Those caftans, her butlers, her house and her famous thoughts on life. I just can't get enough of her! Her caftans, nightly martinis and one liners are enough to make the show part of your Tuesday night routine!
Her 1850 Southern mansion built for Isaac Jenkins Mikell and is located in the historic district. When she relocated to South Carolina and purchased the home in 2008 she enlisted interior designer Mario Buatta to design the home. Filled with amazing colors used to brighten the interior, a custom stenciled foyer and chintz for days the home is styled perfectly for the grande dame of Southern Charm.
Of course my favorite room in her home in the master suite. I don't know if it is the blue and white decor or photos of her eating breakfast in bed that make me swoon. But, of course, I would expect nothing less from a woman that fills her home with butlers since "I don't have a husband right now".
Just LOVE her.
And her one liners are priceless.
Just in case you need some video to prove you need to add this show to your viewing schedule I found a perfect example, or four, here!
Happy Tuesday, I leave you with some Patricia ...
1. "I have no interest in an inferior martini."
2. "I'm getting thirsty with all this talk. Is it 5 o'clock yet?"
3. "In my day, if you got knocked up, you went to a home for unwed mothers and your parents changed their name and moved to Missoula."
4. "One cannot drink cheap wine in the heat."
5. "I don't have a husband right now, so I fill up the house with butlers. You can't have too many butlers."
6. "Every day at 5 p.m., I require a perfect martini. I don't care if he's a serial killer, as long as he can make a good martini."
7. "Instead of impregnating 21-year-olds, you might refocus, is all I'm suggesting."
8. "I think Southerners should get a free pass [when it comes to drinking]. Yankees don't understand leisure and the casual cocktail hour."