I still have to pinch myself that the room is really ours every single morning when I walk downstairs and see it. I am thankful that the challenge happens only once every six months, I may or may not have slept for an entire month after finishing the den. And then the July issue of my favorite magazine hit the stands and I drove straight to the market and purchased every single copy they had. I can't thank Linda enough for choosing me to participate, House Beautiful for loving my room enough to share it on Instagram and in the magazine and to every single friend who supported me during the challenge, especially those closest to me. It was, quite possibly, the room of the year to me.
And here we go again, another round ...
This time I am tackling another space in our home, a space that needs some real love ... our Master Bedroom. This is a room that as a couple we spend a lot of time in. We watch TV here, we have cute happy hours here and we sleep and retreat here. It needs to reflect the love we share.
If you recall, we made over our master bathroom two years ago and it is still just as amazing as it was when I finished it and now it is time to manage the bedroom. This is obviously a space we use quite a bit and it needs to be a refuge for us since we have four kids and the Hubs is no longing traveling five days a week. The room is quite large and has tons of potential. Currently we have a king size bed, two dressers, one large three door armoire, two club chairs, two bedside tables, a blanket chest and possibly a partridge in a pear tree in there and can still move around quite easily. But, as you can see it needs some love and some serious color.
Now that you have an idea of the state of our bedroom let me tell you about the plan.
1. The walls won't change color, but they will change from dull flat to fabulous high gloss.
2. We are getting a new bed. The mattress will remain but the headboards and height of the bed will be long gone.
3. All new bed linens and no more sad comforter that the sick puppy has snuggled on for many months. Think fabulous with a big juicy monogram. #eek
4. Chairs will be recovered and moved.
5. Blanket chest = coffee table is out of here.
6. Left over rug from office = gone
7. Mismatched bedside tables = no more
8. One too many chairs = no more
9. Out of date ceiling fan replaced with chandelier if I can convince the Hubs to let me take it down. If not, it will be replaced with a new and fabulous fan.
10. Color, color, color on its way in.
11. Fabulous curtains and curtain rods.
12. Create a cozy yet beautiful master refuge!
Here is a peek at the design board with many details to come next week ...
I can't wait to finish this room and relax here with my beloved every single evening! Clearly I have tons to do ... so I need to get started.
Make sure you check out the remaining linking participants and check back next week for some major updates. I am ready to tackle this room immediately!!
Happy Thursday ... bye bye sad little master bedroom!